twinkle: Intent to retire

Peter Lemenkov lemenkov at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 13:29:06 UTC 2013

2013/3/12 Richard W.M. Jones <rjones at redhat.com>:
> On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 11:53:00AM -0500, Ian Pilcher wrote:
>> On 03/09/2013 12:08 PM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>> > So, I am going to retire this package in rawhide soon unless there's
>> > folks with a very strong C++ background wishing to fix issues and
>> > basically become the new upstream.
>>
>> Does Fedora currently have a functional soft-phone?
>
> Has Fedora *ever* had a functional soft-phone?

Short answer is no. Fedora never has a fully functional SIP softphone.

I personally hope we'll see Jitsi included in Fedora someday. Also one
can try Empathy but last time I tried it has awful
registration/authorization issues with Avahi, TCP, and IPv6 in
different combinations.

--
With best regards, Peter Lemenkov.