Fwd: MariaDB replacing MySQL

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sat Mar 9 18:20:08 UTC 2013

> "When I asked you to repost with just a link, I didn't mean also
> attach the orig email with the 20k spec file that was the reason the
> mail was too long in the first place."

maybe you should make clearer what you want if you force people to search
in their archives because add the SPEC was a niceness from me to explain
the rest of my post - my "mariadb.spec" is much smaller as many posts

> The moderator gave the following reason for rejecting your request:
> "Can you file a bug with your suggested mysql improvements, and/or
> repost this with just a link to your spec. Thanks"

my post contained the SPEC-file which is plaintext and the sources and
patches are the same as in the MariaDB src.rpm from koji, and as i said
there are a lot of changes besides the Obsoltes/Provides which are far
away from fedora guidelines

but however
http://access.thelounge.net/harry/mariadb-5.5.29-18.fc18.20130309.rh.src.rpm

the point is: INSTALL "mysql-oracle" under /usr/local and replace/obsolete
mysql and all subpackages completly with it and the whole discussion would
be done long ago and all the maintaining troubles over the release avoided

-------- Original-Nachricht --------