fedora release name problem

G.Wolfe Woodbury redwolfe at gmail.com
Tue Mar 19 08:04:11 UTC 2013

On 03/19/2013 02:11 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> Well, look, my point is that sometimes our commitment to 'fixing things
> the right way' appears to verge on bloody masochism.

<snip>
> If we have to compromise on just papering it over for Alpha, I mean,
> _fine_. But seriously: sometimes papering it over is just the right
> thing to do.

I disagree.  This particular problem points out a problem that is only
going to become more of a problem as the internationalization of
software increases.  Not everything is ASCII or English, and not
defensively programming for such cases is short-sighted.

Perhaps we are getting "burned out" by the hectic pace that Fedora tries
to keep with a six-month release cycle.  I know I sat out a lot of the
18 cycle due to a sense of being overwhelmed by the rush.

--
G.Wolfe Woodbury
redwolfe at gmail.com