abrt server report: 20130321

Mamoru TASAKA mtasaka at fedoraproject.org
Thu Mar 21 15:16:35 UTC 2013

Josh Boyer wrote, at 03/21/2013 11:18 PM +9:00:
> On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 10:13 AM, Richard Marko <rmarko at redhat.com> wrote:
>> On 03/21/2013 02:50 PM, Richard Marko wrote:
>>
>> In last two weeks these components were crashing the most:
>>
>> 1. kernel seen 45496 times (36% of all reports)
>>      http://retrace.fedoraproject.org/faf/problems/586553/
>>      http://retrace.fedoraproject.org/faf/problems/258569/
>>
>> 2. xulrunner seen 12020 times (9% of all reports)
>>      http://retrace.fedoraproject.org/faf/problems/244577/
>>      http://retrace.fedoraproject.org/faf/problems/294757/
>>

>> These two quite popular problems both contain proprietary modules so I would
>> like to use this opportunity to start a discussion about inclusion of
>> reports containing proprietary or non-supported modules in our statistics.
>>
>> My questions are:
>>   - are these helpful or not?
>
> For the kernel, no.  ABRT won't even file to bugzilla if the proprietary
> taint flag is set, so we will never look at them.

Oh, does this explain that xscreensaver (which I am the maintainer)
was listed as "most destabilized components" with 203 jumps, however I
did not receive such many bug reports?
(I guess most of these crash reports are related to hacks using OpenGL,
  so maybe many of them are related to proprietary X drivers??)

Regards,
Mamoru