New cfitsio 3.330 in Rawhide and F19 (take 2)

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sun Mar 24 03:20:15 UTC 2013

Sergio Pascual wrote:
> Oh great. I didn't thought that a link from libcfitsio-3.330.so.0 to
> libcfitsio.so would work.
> I have changed it now. The soname is (finally) libcfitsio-3.330.so.0, the
> library is libcfitsio-3.330.so.0 and is linked to libcfitsio.so

But WHY?

How is that better than libcfitsio.so.3.330, which is standard versioning?
The version goes after .so, not before it, unless you want to have it also
in the symlink, which you explicitly DON'T want here.

I know that going back and forth sucks (as everything will have to be
rebuilt AGAIN), but I think you should really should change this back (and
you should never have changed it from .so.3.330 to -3.330.so.0 in the first
place).

        Kevin Kofler