Adding open-vm-tools to core group

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Thu May 2 19:44:09 UTC 2013

Le Jeu 2 mai 2013 14:34, Rahul Sundaram a écrit :
> Hi
>

> On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 8:17 AM, Matthias Runge wrote:
>
>> How does this work together with VMwares hint, to remove open-vm-tools
>> distributed by linux distributions at all?
>>

>> http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=1013096
>>

> Yeah.   This is quite confusing.  VMWare folks are pushing for better
> integration but unless VMWare stops putting out conflicting messages, I am
> not sure anyone benefits.

VMWare is sure shooting itself in the foot (I've seen vmware consultants
force the removal of rpm-ized vmware tools from system images only to
discover they had no mean to update the non-rpm version three monhs later
when the image was largely deployed). All the more reason to help the
vmware groups that try to make it a better experience.

--
Nicolas Mailhot