F19 DVD over size - what to drop?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu May 2 23:10:13 UTC 2013

On Fri, 2013-05-03 at 01:00 +0200, Tomas Mraz wrote:
> On Wed, 2013-05-01 at 17:44 -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> > REMOVED PACKAGES
> >                                     NAME        SIZE
> >                           authconfig-gtk        106120
>
> I am slightly worried about this removal. This means you won't be able
> to configure remote authentication methods with a GUI. Should it be
> added to comps somewhere?

I suspect it's to do with the firstboot ->
initial-setup/gnome-initial-setup change. The thing to do would be to
check if initial-setup / gnome-initial-setup can properly configure
remote auth, without using authconfig-gtk. If they can't, that might be
a problem we need to solve.

That's just me reasoning it out, though, I haven't actually checked.
Still, the thing to do would definitely be to grab Beta TC2 and do a
test install and see if you can actually get remote auth working. We
have not looked at that as part of validation testing yet.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey