About /run/media

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu May 2 23:48:42 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-05-02 at 07:36 -0300, Sergio Belkin wrote:
> Hi folks,
> In this case is not my will express my complains about why removable
> devices are mounted on /run/media but I'd want to know how
> udisks/udev/systemd/whoever chooses where it will mount the device,
> and even took a look to logs, udev and udisks monitor, nothing,
> nothing at all
>
> I was looking for through udisks/udev/systemd and I haven't found
> nothing at all, apologise my ingnorance, but how that task is
> performed?
>
> Please could you enlighten me?

If you want to configure where a given device will be mounted, you can
simply add a line for it to /etc/fstab , as has been the case for eons.
udisks respects /etc/fstab ; if a device is listed there, then when
udisks comes to mount it, it'll mount it in the location specified.

You can even configure this graphically via GNOME's Disks app; click a
partition / volume, click the 'gears' (options) icon for it, select Edit
Mount Options..., and change Mount Point to whatever you like. Whatever
mount point you set will be remembered. (I don't remember if it writes
the setting out to /etc/fstab or somewhere else).
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey