F19 DVD over size - what to drop?

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Fri May 3 19:07:05 UTC 2013

Once upon a time, Mike Pinkerton <pselists at mindspring.com> said:
> Does anaconda check package signatures for the netinstall?

I believe so.  Checksums are definately checked (RPM won't install a
corrupt package).

> Does netinstall even work well?

Certainly.  I actually haven't installed Fedora (or RHEL/CentOS) any
other way in a long time (probably at least 5 years).  Just about all of
the RHEL/CentOS installs, and some of the Fedora installs, were from
kickstart, but most of the Fedora installs were interactive.

> For F18 I planned to do netinstalls on a dozen or so desktop
> workstations and a couple of new servers, using our internal trusted
> Fedora repo.  After specifying our internal repo as the source,
> netinstall would not allow me to choose the software to install --
> all I got was the yellow triangle on the summary page, and blank
> pages where I should have been able to choose "Gnome desktop",
> "network server", etc.

I would say that sounds like there was something wrong with your repo.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>