Do you think this is a security risk and if not is it a bad UI decision?

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Wed May 8 08:00:50 UTC 2013

On Sat, May 04, 2013 at 12:03:39AM -0500, Eric Sandeen wrote:
> Anaconda has a pretty special place in this project.  It is the
> uber-administrator of every new Fedora install.  We would do better
> as a community to hash out major changes before they're made, and
> try to reach some agreement before we implement them.

I've been reading loads and loads of blogs about the Anaconda redesign.
That was a pretty major change. Something like showing a password is
terribly minor change when developing.

There was a pretty huge outcry about the Anaconda redesign, despite all
the blogs. Now there is some small change, and there is a call that
"major changes need to be hashed out".

Seems like nothing they'd do would ever be good enough. Getting
consensus before most commits sounds like a good way to scare away
developers.
--
Regards,
Olav