Broken dependencies: glusterfs

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue May 14 21:43:30 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-05-14 at 16:02 +0200, Matthias Runge wrote:
> On 05/14/2013 03:22 PM, Kaleb KEITHLEY wrote:
>

> > grrrr.
> >
> > These packages exist in f19. Then what's the correct way to make sure
> > they're installed when glusterfs-ufo is installed without "breaking"
> > dependencies?
> >
> > Just:
> >
> >   Requires: openstack-swift = 1.8.0
> >
> > doesn't get them.
> >

> It can't get it, since
> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2013-5046/openstack-swift-1.8.0-2.fc19
> is still in testing.

Just to be clear, in practice this means people shouldn't really have a
problem here, as Branched releases have updates-testing enabled by
default. So actual F19 users should find things work okay.

It'll show up as 'broken' on the daily mails until that update goes
stable. We froze for Beta today, so that won't happen until after Beta
is released unless we grant a freeze exception. I don't think that's
really necessary though, as neither openstack-swift nor glusterfs-ufo
are on the DVD (or any other media) that I can see. So it should be fine
just to ignore the mailshot complaining, and wait for the update to be
pushed stable once Beta goes out. It's already been submitted for
stable, so it'll automatically be in the first post-unfreeze stable
push.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey