FPC elections

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Thu May 16 13:29:51 UTC 2013

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 9:11 AM, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"
<johannbg at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 05/16/2013 11:16 AM, Josh Boyer wrote:

>>> This complaint was about FPC and you are unfortunately wrong about that:
>>>
>>> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/packaging/2013-April/009068.html
>>>
>>> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel-announce/2013-May/001147.html
>>>
>>> There is nothing like open election to FPC.
>>
>> Ah.  I thought he was referring to FESCo and being hyperbolic.
>

> Yet you responded...
>

> "Sounds like working with them has paid off nicely. Maybe you should do more
> of that."
>
> Which indicates your realized that I was referring to FPC not FESCO or being
> hyperbolic.

I though your comment about elections was about FESCo, not FPC.  Given
your earlier comments about FESCo not doing anything, I thought you
were still referencing them with the elections.  It was my
misunderstanding.  I can't explain it any more clearly than that.

> Anyway working with them does not make the process going any faster since to
> me the FPC and it's concept is the bottleneck vs the open way of
> ack/nack/patch approach where you would have more participants and eyes on
> the guidelines changes including by the ones that already are on FPC.
>
> It seem to me that the reason people would not want this is because of their
> own lack of faith and trust in the community and Vít is right if we are
> going to "hang on" having FPC then the current members should be relieved
> from their duty and an open election held for their positions within the
> community.

Have you suggested an election for the FPC?  Looking at Vit's links, I
see he asked for an open process and you immediately went to
disbanding the FPC.

josh