[coreutils] require glibc-devel to prevent broken links in coreutils info manual (#959697)

Siddhesh Poyarekar spoyarek at redhat.com
Fri May 17 10:58:29 UTC 2013

On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 11:25:31AM +0100, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> > Well, I don't think glibc info doc has only developer-targetted info -
> > that's the issue - there are more things useful to regular experienced
> > users (like regexps info, locales info).
>
> In that case, glibc maintainers need to re-consider their claim that it
> is only material for developers & put it in glibc-common or a glibc-docs
> package instead of the -devel package

I felt that the bug was closed prematurely.  All of us (Ondrej, myself
and Carlos) live in three different time zones and a communication lag
is expected.  Some time should have been allowed for all of us to come
to a consensus.

I don't think depending on glibc-devel is a good idea either and I
made that clear on the bugzilla (again now).  Carlos also seems
willing to explore the idea of a glibc-docs in the interim, while we
figure out how to split libc.info into separate user and developer
documentation nodes.

Siddhesh