Possible alternative behaviours for user creation at install time (was Re: anaconda / initial-setup / gnome-initial-setup: can we do this better?)

Stef Walter stefw at redhat.com
Wed May 22 18:39:19 UTC 2013

On 22.05.2013 03:32, Simo Sorce wrote:
> Also I think realmd has no way to set pure LDAP accounts (RHDS,
> OpenLDAP, ...).

Right, it doesn't yet have that ability. But realmd can gain the ability
to configure other sources than the Active Directory and FreeIPA
providers it currently supports.

That said, it will always only support standard realms, not completely
wild and woolly non-standard LDAP setups. For those you'll want to drop
to the command line and configure manually.

As you suggested on IRC, for OpenLDAP or RHDS we could support RFC 4876
[1] as a standard best-practice configuration that we could discover in
realmd.

Cheers,

Stef

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc4876