Software Management call for RFEs

John.Florian at dart.biz John.Florian at dart.biz
Thu May 23 13:52:04 UTC 2013

> From: Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com>
> What I would like to see is
> solid git integration. Git has become the standard distributed vcs
> and github and google code etc have stopped hosting tarballs and/or
> discouraging it and GNOME is planning to do that as well.  If Source
> URL could point directly to a git url with a hash or git tag, we
> would benefit.

Amen to that!  I roll my own rpms daily from locally developed sources
where we have no policy of pushing tarballs.  From everything I've ever
been able to figure out, it's necessary for me to make temporary tarballs
just to feed rpmbuild.  It always seems such a huge waste of time,
especially for very large packages.

--
John Florian