Software Management call for RFEs

Simone Caronni negativo17 at gmail.com
Sat May 25 14:52:57 UTC 2013

On 24 May 2013 22:02, Przemek Klosowski <przemek.klosowski at nist.gov> wrote:

> On 05/23/2013 07:52 AM, Simone Caronni wrote:
>
>  I fiddle around with a new Nagios installation, then something stops
>> working. I'm pretty sure it is some modifications in
>> /etc/nagios/nagios.cfg but I cannot track it down.
>> As an example I could do:
>>
>> mv /etc/nagios/nagios.cfg /etc/nagios/nagios.cfg.mine
>> yum reinstall nagios --onlyfile /etc/nagios/nagios.cfg
>>

> What's the advantage over just yum reinstall nagios, given that modified
> config files are preserved? A known baseline is a huge advantage of RPM,
> and allowing retail installation seems to go against that.

Well, that's true; I was thinking of a more obscure case that happened to
me with some config files and manipulated files under /usr/share but that's
really a corner case. If I just save the file I get the same behaviour.
Forget it.

Regards,
--Simone

--
You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of
the shore (R. W. Emerson).

http://xkcd.com/229/