Draft Product Description for Fedora Workstation

Bastien Nocera bnocera at redhat.com
Mon Nov 4 21:14:41 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> Bastien Nocera wrote:
> > When my application runs on all Fedora distributions without changes? No.
> > I wasn't talking about core apps that are tightly integrated to the
> > desktop, just of the time it took for somebody to package up
> > "office-runner" from my 1.0 release to it being in the distribution.
>
> Leaf packages are actually the ones updated most quickly if the maintainer
> is responsive. Here, you are talking about a new package though. And the
> problem here was that it had taken almost 2 years for somebody to submit it
> for review, why haven't you done that back when you wrote the tool? It's not
> like that program is hard to package.

Because I have other things to do rather than packaging? Because I already
own enough modules upstream that I don't want to burden myself with maintenance
of a tool in a Bugzilla that I don't like.

It might be easy, but it's not time-free. If there was a way that I could package
it up in such a way that it would be available for Arch, Gentoo, Ubuntu GNOME,
Fedora, or even using on GNOME's nightlies, I would gladly have done it. It's
not possible right now, and I hope it will be possible soon.