unaccessability

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Thu Nov 7 19:50:01 UTC 2013

Hi

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 2:39 PM, Christian Schaller wrote:

> Maybe long term we want to filter terminal applications into a separate
> 'tab' or similar, but regardless of
> long term presentation if you maintain a package with a terminal
> application and want it to show up in the installer
> the solution is to create a .desktop file and a appdata file for it.

Fair enough but if you want all the applications (including command line
ones) to include a appdata and desktop file, you would need a lot more time
to get package maintainers and upstream to do that and filtering apps based
on appdata for Fedora 21 would be premature until there is a public roadmap
that gives enough time to get everyone on board.  Thanks!

Rahul