Draft Product Description for Fedora Workstation

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Thu Nov 7 21:49:00 UTC 2013

On Thu, 07 Nov 2013 13:47:34 -0600
Michael Cronenworth <mike at cchtml.com> wrote:

> Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> > Like repos.fedorapeople.org ?
>
> I don't have a beef with r.f.o. They're no different from hosting a
> repo on a personal server. The top of the root page even contains a
> disclaimer.
>
> > How on earth do you get to 'does away with them' ?
>
> It's a Fedora infrastructure server building non-Fedora packages. Why
> is it considered part of Fedora? Plus there is no disclaimer.

Like koji? (which you can make scratch builds of 'non fedora
packages').

It's 'part of fedora' in the sense that it's running in our private
openstack cloud. You're welcome to run your own (see the copr packages
available in fedora/epel).

We could add a disclaimer... can you file a copr ticket asking for one?

> > The copr maintainers? along with anyone who looks at them who
> > wishes to report something non distributable. Just like
> > repos.fedorapeople.org
>
> Good. I see that feature.
>
> > Sure they can. This just allows them a place to publish them and not
> > use local computing resources to build them.
>
> I don't have anything wrong with creating a useful service if it
> respects Fedora's principles.

I don't see anything against fedora's principals here... but if you see
something feel free to let me know.

kevin