unaccessability

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Nov 7 23:53:41 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-11-07 at 16:37 -0500, Christian Schaller wrote:
> Ok, so I guess the solution would be for the launcher to do something like this:
>
> gnome-terminal --geometry 80x37 --disable-factory --role=bitchx --class=bitchx --name "bitchX IRC" --title "BitchX IRC"
>
> That said Ray mentioned that this is probably not supported yet in the Shell launcher.
>
> Anyway, as Richard says, we should have a proper design discussion around this and not just add a ton of .desktop files without thinking through the presentation
> and how it will work. But feel free to file some bug reports to kick of a discussion.

Right, I'm a bit worried about tail-wagging-dog here. Please, no-one go
around throwing .desktop files in terminal apps just to try and get them
to show up in Software. Your package should have a .desktop file only if
it actually makes some sense that someone would want to launch it from a
desktop environment's menus / launcher thingy.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey