unaccessability

Joonas Sarajärvi muep at iki.fi
Fri Nov 8 12:06:35 UTC 2013

2013/11/7 Christian Schaller <cschalle at redhat.com>:
> Ok, so I guess the solution would be for the launcher to do something like this:
>
> gnome-terminal --geometry 80x37 --disable-factory --role=bitchx --class=bitchx --name "bitchX IRC" --title "BitchX IRC"

Isn't the Terminal attribute of desktop files[1] supposed to tell the
launcher program that it should start the application inside a
terminal? My impression is that Gnome at least used to support it, and
I know that KDE does support it. It should quite easily allow
specifying launchers for terminal-based programs that do not usually
need command line arguments.

[1] http://standards.freedesktop.org/desktop-entry-spec/latest/ar01s05.html