gnome-boxes downgrade in F-19

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Tue Oct 8 14:58:38 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-10-08 at 08:42 -0600, Jerry James wrote:
> Do you remember when I ranted about lack of communication between
> provenpackagers and the maintainers of the packages they touch [1]?
> Here is another case of lack of communication between people touching
> the same package.
>
> On Aug 8, Zeeshan Ali built gnome-boxes-3.8.4-1.fc19 and submitted
> update FEDORA-2013-14567.
>
> On Aug 9, Christophe Fergeau built gnome-boxes-3.8.4-2.fc19.  Instead
> of editing the existing update, Christophe chose to create a competing
> update, FEDORA-2013-14530.

Seems like there's something wrong with Bodhi here, because every time I
create an update when there's already an older update pending, Bodhi
obsoletes the old one and adds all the bugs from the old one to the new
update.  Even if somebody else filed the older update and I'm creating
the new one. AFAIK, normal procedure is that you *don't* edit the old
update at all, but each package NVR should get a new Bodhi update (so
Christophe was correct in creating a new "competing" one) but that Bodhi
takes care of obsoleting the old one.

Dan