gnome-boxes downgrade in F-19

M A Young m.a.young at durham.ac.uk
Tue Oct 8 20:38:37 UTC 2013

On Tue, 8 Oct 2013, Dan Williams wrote:

> On Tue, 2013-10-08 at 08:42 -0600, Jerry James wrote:
>> Do you remember when I ranted about lack of communication between
>> provenpackagers and the maintainers of the packages they touch [1]?
>> Here is another case of lack of communication between people touching
>> the same package.
>>
>> On Aug 8, Zeeshan Ali built gnome-boxes-3.8.4-1.fc19 and submitted
>> update FEDORA-2013-14567.
>>
>> On Aug 9, Christophe Fergeau built gnome-boxes-3.8.4-2.fc19.  Instead
>> of editing the existing update, Christophe chose to create a competing
>> update, FEDORA-2013-14530.
>
> Seems like there's something wrong with Bodhi here, because every time I
> create an update when there's already an older update pending, Bodhi
> obsoletes the old one and adds all the bugs from the old one to the new
> update.  Even if somebody else filed the older update and I'm creating
> the new one. AFAIK, normal procedure is that you *don't* edit the old
> update at all, but each package NVR should get a new Bodhi update (so
> Christophe was correct in creating a new "competing" one) but that Bodhi
> takes care of obsoleting the old one.

I have had this sort of thing happening to me a few times. From what I
remember, Bodhi doesn't seems to obsolete packages that are in the pending
state for updates-testing, so if you submit a new build within a day or so
of the previous one (for example if a security update comes out just after
another build) then bodhi may not obsolete the older build automatically.

 	Michael Young