Lack of response about sponsorship

مصعب الزعبي moceap at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 17 13:56:00 UTC 2013

LOL ^_^

I have 7 review requests , 5 of them ready , but no sponsors !!!

Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 20:19:11 -0700
From: luya at fedoraproject.org
To: devel at lists.fedoraproject.org
Subject: Lack of response about sponsorship

    Hello developers and packagers,

    I recently received an email from the reporter[1] from rhbz #913289.

    related to the sponsorship. The review was done. One of sponsors
    promised to take care of that step

    which never came to fruition. It has been more than two months the
    original reporter asked if there is a sponsored packager willing to
    take over the package.

    Considering the reporter is also a entrepreneur who took the time to
    port some of upstream packages to Fedora, I am utterly disappointed
    by the lack of communication from the sponsors for a simple task.
    The fact the reporter vainly tried to ask for sponsorship leaves a
    negative impression as if the communication are uninterested to
    bring more contributors outside Fedora.

    The way to get sponsored seemed harder because not everybody has the
    luxury to wait on IRC channel[2]. New contributors have tendency to
    use mail list so better clarifications are needed.

    I understand each one of us is busy with their life but a simple
    message would suffice to let know about the status. Is there a
    better way to address this concern to avoid repeating it in the
    future?

    Ref:

    ----

    [1]