Lack of response about sponsorship

Luya Tshimbalanga luya at fedoraproject.org
Sun Oct 20 00:20:36 UTC 2013

On 17/10/13 06:45 AM, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> However, activity log shows that you've assigned the ticket to
> yourself on 2013-03-14 without being a sponsor. The first submitted
> package of a new packager must be reviewed and approved by a sponsor.
> Assigning the ticket could result in other sponsors ignoring the
> ticket and assuming that somebody _is working_ on it already. The
> review hasn't been too simple either so far, judging by the number of
> delays and comments by _several_ people over a period of several months.

Delay is due to personal reasons from the submitter hence longer months
than expected. Unfortunately, the guideline lacked clarification for
reviewing a package from new contributor by the sponsor, I attempted to
apply for that position which sadly failed so the process was stuck.

Given the shortage of sponsors, this example shows that a better
approach will be required when it comes to new submitter and
non-sponsored reviewers so such issue will never occur again in the future.

--
Luya Tshimbalanga
Graphic & Web Designer
E: luya at fedoraproject.org