PATH has /bin before /usr/bin in upgraded rawhide

Sandro Mani manisandro at gmail.com
Sun Oct 27 14:43:44 UTC 2013

> In which places have you searched already?
$HOME/.bashrc
$HOME/.bash_profile
/etc/bashrc
/etc/profile
/etc/profile.d/*
> Is it the same for a fresh user account?
> Is it the same for "root"?
Logging in from a VT as root resp. newly created user test I get

[root at oldrawhide]# echo $PATH
/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/root/bin
# -> chaos

[test at oldrawhide]$ echo $PATH
/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/home/test/.local/bin:/home/test/bin
# -> /bin:/usr/bin inverted, otherwise ok

> Is the "setup" package unmodified?
yes (reinstalled just to be sure)
> Is it specific to "bash" or also other shells (such as "tcsh")?
Also tcsh is affected (changed login shell in /etc/passwd and logged in
from VT)
> /home/sandro/.local/bin in the PATH is not the default.
> Or is it new for Rawhide?

P.s.: I know some people like easter eggs, but please, don't
exaggerate... http://smani.fedorapeople.org/screenshot.jpg (no, I did
not rotate the image)