$HOME/.local/bin in $PATH

Mathieu Bridon bochecha at fedoraproject.org
Thu Oct 31 09:41:04 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-10-31 at 10:12 +0100, drago01 wrote:
> As for why they are hidden (and always have been) is because you
> do not want to bother the user with them most of the time.

That being said, they could have not started by a ".", but still be
hidden by the GUI file managers like Nautilus (for example by listing
them in a .hidden file).

That could have pleased those who don't like hidden files, while at the
same time not bothering users who don't want to see them.

In any case, it's not worth changing everything now.

I for one am happy that things are more and more moving to the .config
and .local folders. :)

--
Mathieu