fedmsg for voting?

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 04:23:44 UTC 2013

On Sep 11, 2013 6:02 PM, "Matthew Miller" <mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 02:10:05AM +0200, Björn Persson wrote:
> > Since this discussion is now about national elections, which must be
> > taken much more seriously than polls on release names: Can you propose
> > a mechanism that allows the voter to verify his vote at a later time,
> > but does not allow the voter to prove to someone else that he voted for
> > the candidate he was paid to vote for, and does not allow a dominant
> > father to verify that the family members voted like he ordered them to
> > vote? This is not a trivial problem to solve.
>
> Like this:
> http://www.iacr.org/cryptodb/data/paper.php?pubkey=1914
>
> But, yeah. Let's drift back to topic here.
>
> What if we made this like the "I voted" stickers -- you can get one by
> checking a box in the voting app? (Even if, by the way, you cast no actual
> votes?)

I had thought that this would trigger off of someone hitting submit on the
election page.  That should vote 0 for all candidates if no votes are
assigned but still meet the trigger condition.  Not sure if that meets the
criteria for objectors, though.  Ralph bean should weigh in here as to
whether "logged in during an election period" would also be suitable (which
was something that people seemed to think would be acceptable earlier in
the thread).

-Toshio