fedmsg for voting?

Ralph Bean rbean at redhat.com
Thu Sep 12 12:59:40 UTC 2013

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 09:23:44PM -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> On Sep 11, 2013 6:02 PM, "Matthew Miller" <mattdm at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> > What if we made this like the "I voted" stickers -- you can get one by
> > checking a box in the voting app? (Even if, by the way, you cast no actual
> > votes?)
> >
> I had thought that this would trigger off of someone hitting submit on the
> election page.  That should vote 0 for all candidates if no votes are
> assigned but still meet the trigger condition.  Not sure if that meets the
> criteria for objectors, though.  Ralph bean should weigh in here as to
> whether "logged in during an election period" would also be suitable (which
> was something that people seemed to think would be acceptable earlier in
> the thread).

Hm, its not worth doing if we're going to make it complex like this.
I think we should just drop it.  No fedmsg broadcast for votes, only
for election period opening/closing and only for election results
publication/retraction by the admin (with obviously no user
participation data included).

It is just not important enough to:

1) cause anyone any worry.
2) bother engineering a complicated "compromise" solution.

If someone wants to argue that we still try to make it happen, I'll
hear that and implement it if a consensus is formed.  (FWIW,
personally I'm still all for it).