hidden GRUB menu -> Re: Suspension problem last 2 days

Jan Kratochvil jan.kratochvil at redhat.com
Sun Sep 22 16:30:19 UTC 2013

On Sun, 22 Sep 2013 18:24:45 +0200, Reindl Harald wrote:
> Am 22.09.2013 18:13, schrieb Jan Kratochvil:
> > My grandfather still believes those are multiple _different_ Fedora
> > installations, each having different games/files.  As he has also CentOS menu
> > item there having multiple Fedora items is just too much for him.
>
> explain it to him

I have tried many times for many years but he still insists on it.

> * because i saw the menu from the very first beginning
> * because doing nothing the next boot-step after that menu failed
> * so what did i: look waht happens if i chosse something other from the menu

There is never a perfect solution, everything has its pros and cons.

So it could wait for 5 secs, just displaying a message "Hit SHIFT to display
a boot menu.".  That hopefully should not confuse users while it would still
help you to solve your problem.

Jan