About F19 Firewall

P J P pj.pandit at yahoo.co.in
Tue Sep 24 16:25:48 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----
> From: Thomas Woerner <twoerner at redhat.com>
> Subject: Re: About F19 Firewall
> O.k., then please provide a program that places (user supplied) rules at
> the proper position in an (user supplied) rule set in that way that it
> will always result in the (user) expected behaviour without further
> modifications. BTW: This is not limited to source addresses only, but
> also port ranges and ports, matches, logging, ..

> I am looking forward to get this solution.

   Heh, iptables(8) is good enough for all of that. Besides, I'm yet to see an individual user who is so fed up of iptables(8) ordering issue that he/she has to write a new application to do that. For most users firewall is hardly 3-4-5 rules, not more. I published my own little script earlier in this thread. Even firewalld's default rule-set is close to 5 actual rules, rest of it is just jumping from one chain to another, no?

---
Regards
   -Prasad
http://feedmug.com