About F19 Firewall

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Sep 25 08:52:17 UTC 2013

On Sat, 2013-09-21 at 03:05 +0800, P J P wrote:

>    Yes, I understand the functionality, but I doubt if it'll be used
> at all. It's not desktop background that people would want to change
> everyday.

That's ironic: just yesterday - without having yet read this discussion
- I used the firewalld on my laptop to lock down the 'public' zone to
allow nothing at all (not mdns or ssh), make sure it was the default
zone, then special-case the connection for my home wireless network to
be in the 'home' zone. Took two minutes. I'd have no idea how the hell
to do that with iptables.

So, you're already wrong. :P
--
Adam Williamson