Other download options

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 10 23:58:23 UTC 2014

Reindl Harald composed on 2014-12-10 13:54 (UTC+0100):

> Maros Zatko composed:

>> I've noticed that "other" download options besides LIVE images are now gone from the website.
>> Can you please explain how should (normal) user find non-LIVE image links there?
>> I know this has been (probably intentionally) obfuscated before.
>> Please put it back, even as obfuscated as it used to be. Or wanting to have a choice is too much?

> why not just scroll down?
> there is a big "Download" list in the footer

Nothing in that footer, except the amount of "whitespace", is big. The caps
heading the footer columns are smaller than default size, which masked by
gray on gray, are barely big enough to even find.

>      Get Fedora Workstation
>      Get Fedora Server
>      Get Fedora Cloud
>      Fedora Spins

Are there really people not already familiar with Fedora who would have any
clue what "spin" means in the context used?

>      Torrent Downloads

I don't know about others who think more logically than artistically, but
when I'm looking for *important* information, like how to actually acquire
that which the page is about, I don't look for or expect to find it hiding in
gray on gray mousetype[1] in the /same/ (gray) block at the bottom of a page
where normal people expect to find unimportant copyright legalese.

Without having assimilated its preceding description of "workstation", or
already being familiar with Fedora, I can perceive nothing in that list that
states or implies "general purpose" or "generic" or "basic" or "play".

Actions speak louder than words. The need to zoom 3X-6X to reach legible a
legible state belies "polished, easy to use".

[1] here, ~42.25% the size of text that would likely be optimal only if black
on white, closer to 20% of optimal size with the low contrast level actually used

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/