F22 Self Contained Change: Preupgrade Assistant

Petr Hracek phracek at redhat.com
Fri Dec 12 08:43:42 UTC 2014

On 12/11/2014 05:17 PM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 11, 2014 at 15:06:25 +0100,
>  Jaroslav Reznik <jreznik at redhat.com> wrote:
>> = Proposed Self Contained: Preupgrade Assistant =
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Preupgrade_Assistant
>>
>> Change owner(s): Petr Hracek <phracek at redhat.com>
>>
>> The Preugrade Assistant is a tool to help people upgrade from one
>> release to
>> another and be sure to track important manual configuration changes they
>> performed.
>
> Will this handle packages that have been dropped but not obsoleted in
> the next release?
Yes definitely. The tool or respectively contents (which are part of
this tool) can be used for informing user
that some package has been dropped and how to replace them.
User should provide a steps how to do that.

E.g. In F22 is dropped package A and in F23 it is going to replaced with
package B.
A content informs user in F22 that package does not exist anymore and it
is going to replaced with package B from F23.

I am going to extend the wiki with preupgrade-assistant soon.

--
Best regards / S pozdravem
Petr Hracek