f20, anaconda, net install and video out of range ....

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Sat Feb 1 21:28:41 UTC 2014

On Sat, 1 Feb 2014, Adam Williamson wrote:

> You can't do a text install from a live image, but you can from DVD or net inst. We'd need the x logs to know what was going on with x startup.

Using the netinstall's isolinux/ vmlinuz,initrd and pxelinux.cfg file,
the machine (physical but also VMs on my laptop) start with:

[ OK ] Started Show Plymouth Boot Screen.
[ OK ] Reached target Paths.
[ OK ] Reached target Basic System.

It then waits a _long_ time and I see:

[  <timestamp>] dracut-initqueue[pid]: Warning: Could not boot.
[ OK ] Strated Show Plymouth Boot Screen.
[ OK ] Reached target Paths.
[ OK ] Reacdhed target Basic System.
[  <timestamp>] dracut-initqueue[pid]: Warning: Could not boot.
[  <timestamp>] dracut-initqueue[pid]: Warning: /dev/root does not exit

and then falls into a dracut shell

Looking at the report it boots a lot of things, then throws:

systemd: Failed to add job sys-kernel-config.mount/start, ignoring: Invalid argument.
systemd: Reloading.
systemd: Failed to add job sys-kernel-config.mount/start, ignoring: Invalid argument.
multimathd[71]: vda: add path (uevent)
multimathd[71]: vda: spurious uevent, path already in pathvec
multimathd[71]: vda: failed to get path uid
multimathd[71]: uevent trigger error
dracut-initqueue[474]: Warning: Could not boot.
dracut-initqueue[474]: Warning: /dev/rot does not exist.

Paul