New UEFI guide on the wiki

David dgboles at gmail.com
Wed Feb 5 02:47:11 UTC 2014

On 2/4/2014 5:41 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Tue, 2014-02-04 at 14:29 -0800, Andrew Lutomirski wrote:
>
>> and my suggestion is now to just create both partitions when
>> installing to GPT.  Presumably if firmware can handle a GPT disk at
>> all, it won't care whether it happens to contain an ESP unless it's
>> actually trying to boot it using UEFI.
>
> You're making a fatal mistake: assuming some kind of sense on the part
> of firmware authors. ;)

I always enjoy these UEFI threads. Not. EfI has been a
replacement-in-progress for the old BIOS for a long time.
U(universal)EFI has been around a while as an upgrade for EFI. Someday,
perhaps soon, BIOS will die.

Which means? If Linux can not play nice with UEFI then Linux will die
with BIOS.

--

  David