Proposal to WGs and rel-eng: Move 90-default.preset from systemd to fedora-release

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Feb 14 15:02:47 UTC 2014

Matthew Miller wrote:
> That seems reasonable, and in that case, something like "fedora-presets"
> and "fedora-workstation-presets", etc., seems appropriate, and the
> corresponding release package could pull them in.

What about my proposal to drop the preset directly onto the file system (but
in /etc rather than in /usr/share as we do now) in the live kickstarts?
After all, a file in /etc doesn't really need to be owned by some package.
(Having it unowned also means sysadmins can easily customize it by editing
it directly, as opposed to creating their own file in /etc.)

        Kevin Kofler