Proposal to WGs and rel-eng: Move 90-default.preset from systemd to fedora-release

Simo Sorce simo at redhat.com
Wed Feb 19 23:03:58 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-02-19 at 15:12 -0600, Jon wrote:
> As far as two (or more) fedora-presets' being installed at once, I
> would say we allow the user to resolve the problem via .rpmnew
>
> The implication is "users would have to pick a -config/-preset package
> and then e.g. adjust things"
>
> This only works if the preset file has the same name across all the
> product lines.

Not needed, the various presets just need to conflict with each other if
you really want to prevent installing them in parallel.

You can have fedora-preset-server conflict with
fedora-preset-workstation and vice-versa.

Both could Provide: 'fedora-preset' though.

Simo.

--
Simo Sorce * Red Hat, Inc * New York