crash stats for Fedora 20

Josh Boyer jwboyer at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jan 3 14:35:10 UTC 2014

On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 9:29 AM, Richard Marko <rmarko at redhat.com> wrote:
> In last two weeks these components were crashing the most on Fedora 20:
> 3. kernel seen 4540 times (8% of all reports)
>     http://retrace.fedoraproject.org/faf/problems/898437/
>     http://retrace.fedoraproject.org/faf/problems/1372844/

Is there some way to flag package versions as obsolete in retrace?
The first report above is for a 3.9 kernel that we don't even support
any more because F18 is well past 3.9.

The second report is for a problem in a proprietary wireless driver
that we don't ship or support.  We've asked before, but apparently
there's no way to stop from including that kind of thing in retrace?

I think retrace has a great opportunity to really help with data
gathering, but if we can't filter that data into something people can
actually use I'm worried it will just sit by the wayside.

josh