dnf-0.4.11

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Jan 12 21:47:32 UTC 2014

Am 12.01.2014 22:42, schrieb Miroslav Suchy:
> On 01/12/2014 08:27 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>> "dnf clean all" without "dnf --enablerepo=updates-testing clean all" does
>> exactly *nothing*  in case of "updates-testing", the same for YUM simply
>> because folders of non-enabled repos are not relevant for any operation
>
> And is this correct behavior? (and yum behaves same way, so same question apply to yum as well).

no, i only explained the current state of play

looking at the word "all" and it's meaing clearly *no*
looking at the thread and result of the behavior clearely *no*
looking at that people use "updates-testing" with --enablerepo *no*
looking at the fact that i do not trust the word "all" clearly *no*

> Man page for yum state:
>
> yum clean metadata
> Eliminate  all  of the files which yum uses to determine the remote availability of packages. Using this option
> will force yum to
> download all the metadata the next time it is run.
>
> There is no statement that it apply only for *currently enabled* repository.
> I would expect that it clean *all* metadata.
>
> I was recently very surprised that when I done :
>
> # rpm -q yum
> yum-3.4.3-128.fc20.noarch
> # yum clean all
> # du -sh /var/cache/yum/x86_64/*
> 225M    /var/cache/yum/x86_64/19
> 111M    /var/cache/yum/x86_64/20
> 406M    /var/cache/yum/x86_64/rawhide
>
> that there is a lot of data in /var. To be precise - after this operation I would expect that
> /var/cache/yum/x86_64/ would have zero size. And not 730 MB.

and that is why i switched 7 years ago to "rm -rf /var/cache/yum*"