Heads up; F22 will require applications to ship appdata to be listed in software center

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Thu Jan 23 13:13:16 UTC 2014

Am 23.01.2014 14:06, schrieb Jóhann B. Guðmundsson:
> On 01/23/2014 12:09 PM, David Tardon wrote:
>> No, I think your reasoning is faulty and your attempts to see everything
>> in just black and white is fundamentally flawed. Anyway, that_was not_
>> the point of my mail. What I wanted to point out is that forced removal
>> of packages_is not_  going to guarantee more packager's attention to
>> the rest of the distribution. And it can in fact have the opposite
>> effect, by alienating and losing existing packagers.
>
> I never implied that it would guarantee any more package attention that's an assumption you made

so what is the benefit then in propose drop packages where *upstream not* every
2-3 years starts a complete rewrite with only half of the features, a lot of
bugs and regressions to qualify the next 3 years updates and after all the mess
is fixed start the next rewrite to qualify "ongoing development" for a lifetime?

if it ain't broken don't fix it!