boot.fedoraproject.org (BFO)

Peter Lemenkov lemenkov at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 19:30:39 UTC 2014

2014/1/23 Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at>:

> IMHO, projects where Fedora is upstream MUST be on fedorahosted.org, we
> should enforce that at least for our infrastructure.

IMHO you're absolutely wrong. Fortunately it seems that not so much
people agree with you since I see a lot of activily on a given
third-party proprietary web service (compared with a dead silence at
fedorahosted). So actually people already voted, and they voted
against Fedorahosted. You just need to realize that we already "lost"
"control" here. I understand that numbers could be much more
convincing and I hope somebody will measure activity at fedorahosted
and at GitHub but I doubt the results disprove my point.

Just for the starters the main part of a source code of almost all our
packages hosted somewhere else. I think this makes us much more
vulnerable than git mirroring of a small fraction of homecooked stuff
in a place where all the developers are.

--
With best regards, Peter Lemenkov.