Fedora.next in 2014 -- Big Picture and Themes

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Jan 23 21:45:42 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-01-23 at 19:03 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:

> wikipedia page. Further: kororaproject.org, fedorautils-installer and
> similar project show that there are people that want to make Fedora
> better. But they do their work outside of Fedora and RPM Fusion;
> fixing the issues directly at the root would be better for all of us.

Those particular examples are very bad examples because they are doing
things Fedora explicitly chooses not to do, for *philosophical* not
*practical* reasons (a choice the Board has re-affirmed this morning).
Korora is hardly a 'Fedora is doing silly stuff, let's fork it' project
- as per this statement on their site:

"Ultimately, we want people just like you to become useful members of
the Fedora community and we hope that trying Korora will be a catalyst
for this."

And the lead Korora dev is an active Fedora contributor.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey