Fedora.next: I would like working configurations

Mateusz Marzantowicz mmarzantowicz at osdf.com.pl
Mon Jan 27 22:33:43 UTC 2014

On 27.01.2014 22:05, Robert M. Albrecht wrote:
> Hi,
>
> if the server sits in a RFC1918 network (192.168.1.0/16), has a static
> IP and a configured gateway and DNS, it might be reasonable to assume,
> the dhcpd should operate in this range and set the options for DNS and
> gateway accordingly.

Imagine Linux box with three NICs, each on different network. To
simplify things let there be NAT and and two public addresses (some kind
of failover.) What interface should dhcp server operate on? What address
pools should be used there? It can't be easily deduced without admin
intervention. Too much use cases.

Mateusz Marzantowicz