Fedora.NEXT Products and the fate of Spins

piruthiviraj natarajan piruthiviraj at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 11:55:29 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 5:16 PM, Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think you're misinterpreting the words of Christian. Red Hat (also
> my employer, but speaking for myself here) can't and shouldn't be pay
> to fix and QA spins like LXDE or MATE. If keeping a MATE spin makes it
> harder or slower for the people developing GNOME (which Red Hat should
> sponsor) then I don't see the problem in his statement. Red Hat spends
> a ton of money on Fedora, and I think a lot of the community seem to
> forget that.

The QA already doesn't have blockers for spins. As adam has mentioned spins
don't affect QA's work or progress at all.

I understand red hat spends a lot of money on fedora, but wielding the
spins away is definitely a bad rapport for the community and it in turn a
negative thing to participate for the project too.