free seats in Env and Stacks WG - volunteers wanted

Marcela Maslanova mmaslano at redhat.com
Tue Jul 1 09:31:35 UTC 2014

Env and Stacks Working Group has noble plan to make development in
Fedora easier and also work with new technologies, which are not in
Fedora yet.

The whole statement can be found here:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Env_and_Stacks/Product_Requirements_Document
There is missing Atomic and/or Docker, because all members were mostly
interested in things mentioned in the document than looking at
containers. I believe we need someone who can pick what will be in Fedora base
image. Details can be found in Matt statement:
https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/env-and-stacks/2014-June/000431.html

We don't have manpower to work on all projects, but we started to work
or co-operate on these:
1/ testing additional repositories – Playground repo
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Playground_repository
Playground plugin is similar to Copr plugin
http://dnf.baseurl.org/2014/03/19/copr-plugin/
2/ automation – Automated packages review tools
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Env_and_Stacks/Changes_Drafts/Automated_packages_review_tools
3/ automation – Taskotron
tool for Fedora tests
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Tflink/taskotron_development_plan
4/ Build Systems – Copr
http://copr.fedoraproject.org/
5/ Software Collections in Fedora
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/SCL
6/ DevAssistant
http://devassistant.org/
7/ Continuous Integration - prototype of few projects

If you are interested in current topics or containers, then please let
us know on env-and-stacks at lists.fedoraproject.org what you want to do and what you did until now.
I received some private replies, but I'd like to give opportunity to wider audience.

Thanks,
Marcela