docker image questions!
mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jun 30 15:09:31 UTC 2014
What "Fedora" exactly is the image going to contain? Fedora Server?
Fedora Cloud? Will it be a part of either of those products? If not, what
is its status, exactly? Who's responsible for it? Is it considered a
primary or frontline or whatever Fedora deliverable? Who's going to test
it? How's it going to be promoted in relation to all our other
Here are *my* answers -- let's make sure we all agree. :)
* It will contain its own very minimal "spin". We're not (currently) going
to produce "layered" images -- just the base. (Application images will
be made via Docker's "trusted builds" service from the fedora-dockerfiles
repo, on top of this base.)
* It will initially be part of Fedora Cloud, but long term I think we want
to move it to Env & Stacks (CC'ing).
* Correspondingly, I think we're responsible.
* On "primary or frontline", I think the answer is "not release blocking",
but we'd like to produce and upload the image after release if we miss
* Who is going to test it? We should. Possibly, launching _this_ image
will be part of the Fedora Atomic tests?
* The goal is to upload the official image to the Docker index in a manner
similar to our other cloud images.
* We may promote it on the web site in some manner, but the primary point
is that we want to appear at <https://registry.hub.docker.com/>
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>
Fedora Project Leader
More information about the env-and-stacks