Introducing Python 3.5 nightly builds for Fedora

Miro Hrončok mhroncok at redhat.com
Fri Jul 4 12:31:41 UTC 2014

Dne 4.7.2014 02:06, Zbigniew Jędrzejewski-Szmek napsal(a):
> Hi,
> looks like something I might use for development of Python software.
> But for this to be truly useful, I'd need a bunch of stuff on top,
> at least numpy/scipy, but also pytables, matplotlib. Without that it
> would be even hard to test building of packages, since they often
> depend on those modules (and others of course). Is there any chance
> you could add cascaded builds of the most popular extensions?

Hi Zbyszek,
Thanks for your feedback. Unfortunately we do not plan to build "most
popular extensions" in this repository. We would have to select those
and that would lead to either 1) unhappy people (without necessary
packages) or 2) rebuilding almost the whole Python stack in Copr as SCL
(not enough man power, not worth the work).

You can either use pip to install dependencies or build your
dependencies as RPMs in your own Copr/mock. Feel free to ping me on IRC
if you need help.

--
Miro Hrončok