Rebase-helper in Fedora 20

Petr Hracek phracek at redhat.com
Fri Jul 4 12:39:37 UTC 2014

Hi,

a small summary about Rebase-helper project.

The purposeoftherebase-helper is to save developer'stime during package
rebases.
Rebase-helper is intended to be run in the cloned (Fedora) package repo
and needs only the path to the archive (tarball) withnew upstream
sources. The rest is automated. If any decision is needed, the developer
is prompted.
The current workflow is as follows:

  * Downloadarchive with the current (old)and new sources
  * For all existing patches applythem, one at a time, to new sourcesand
    help with rebasing patches if needed (using tool like 'meld')
  * Build packages (old and new) automatically.
  * In the future we will perform various checks (rpmdiff, API/ABI
    check, etc.) and add them to Upstream Monitoring in Fedora

GitHub repository is:
https://github.com/phracek/rebase-helper

If you would like to try rebase-helper then only clone the github repository
or install rebase-helper package which is already available in Fedora 20.
And try:
*rebase-helper <upstream-sources>***

If you discover any issues,feel free to add anewissue ongithub
https://github.com/phracek/rebase-helper/issues?state=open

and we will work on fixingthem based on their severity.

What will be another steps?

  * Add support for rpmdiff
  * Add support for API/ABI check
  * Add support formore patching mechanisms - like git patch alghorithm
    (mentioned by Kamil Dudka)
  * Upstream Monitoring in Fedora
  * you name it... ;)

Any feedbackandcomments are welcome either on IRC: #rebase-helper or to us.
Contact persons (alphabetically):
- Jiri Popelka (jpopelka)
- Tomas Hozza  (thozza)
- Petr Hracek (phracek)