New gettext in Rawhide causing builda failures?

Daiki Ueno ueno at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jun 2 09:02:27 UTC 2014

Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> writes:

> po/gscan2pdf-ab.po:7: header field 'Last-Translator' still has the
> initial default value
> po/gscan2pdf-ab.po:7: warning: header field 'Language' missing in header
> msgfmt: found 2 fatal errors
>
> This builds fine in F20. I think a newer gettext may be being more
> strict about Last-Translator and Language

For the record, this change has been introduced as a fix of:
<https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?40262>

> any ideas or best practices on how to fix it? Patching 33 .po files in
> a spec file seems like the Wrong Way (tm).

However, the non-warning errors have been there for a long time.  Isn't
it time to fix them?  If this is really too strict, we can revert this
in the next minor release and advise users until the next major release.

(But, oh, msgfmt seems to mistreat the warning here.  Sorry about that
and will fix it ASAP.)

Regards,
--
Daiki Ueno